Barachiel was a powerful Fallen Angel that appears in the Arch series and is a Horse"man" of the Apocalypse alongside Samael, Leviathan and Satanail. Barachiel is the Black Horseman of the Apocalypse: Strife, she was described as an Angel of Death that served under the Archangel of Death and older brother Samael, Barachiel was described as the most emotionless of the Horsemen and cares little for obeying Lucifer except when it is in her best interests.
Powers and Abilities
Barachiel is the Angel of Strife, and so she is extremely powerful. She is capable of overpowering every demon or lower-level angel with little,to no effort. Barachiel could match up to the Archangel,Gabriel, for a brief amount of time. She is also more powerful the The Horsemen, except Death, and doesn't require a ring to cause the terror Strife comes with.
- Possession - Barachiel can possess anyone, but unlike her brother, she needs the vessels permission.
- Astral Projection - Barachiel can project her spirit from her body to possess anyone she likes.
- Telepathy - Like all Angels, Barachiel is a natural Telepath but she can also talk on the Reaper radio.
- Dream Walking - Barachiel can easily enter and control the dreams of others. She can torture people in their dreams and make it last for months at a time.
- Immortality - Barachiel is almost indestructible and she cannot be killed by anything, save Death's Scythe.
- Instead of being just Famine, Barachiel as a Horseman has been far greatly expanded, acting as Strife - a far wider range of suffering to famine and not necessarily drawn from that source either.